To support this expected growth, the recently released SEQ City Deal Implementation Plan outlines how the Federal and State Governments, alongside the region’s Council of Mayors, will work collaboratively to deliver $1.8 billion worth of projects to ensure South East Queensland continues to be a great place to live and work.
What is the SEQ City Deal?
The SEQ City Deal is an enduring 20-year partnership between the three tiers of government to deliver 29 commitments to generate long-term benefits for the growing community in South East Queensland.
The Deal is set to transform South East Queensland by accelerating future jobs, improving connectivity, enhancing liveability, and creating thriving communities within the region.
From upgrading highway safety features, to building new public transport infrastructure, funding public art initiatives and modernising how the region recycles, each project that forms part of the Deal will help to improve liveability for South East Queenslanders.
What is included in the SEQ City Deal Implementation Plan?
The Implementation Plan provides a timeline for delivery and key milestones of the 29 commitments outlined in the SEQ City Deal and how they will support high-quality connectivity and community infrastructure.
According to the Queensland Government, the launch of the Implementation Plan will allow key projects in the Deal to proceed to their next phases including:
- The $285.8 million SEQ Liveability Fund to deliver projects that support liveable and healthy communities.
- The $105 million resource recovery infrastructure to progress the region to a circular economy.
- $70 million for telecommunications infrastructure and improved digital connectivity.
- $40 million for Resilient Rivers to improve the health of the region’s waterways, rivers and Moreton Bay.
- $45 million for infrastructure in the Loganlea-Meadowbrook Precinct.
How can Barker Ryan Stewart assist?
We have a comprehensive understanding of the SEQ City Deal Implementation Plan and can provide urban planning, civil engineering, infrastructure planning and project management services for your next development in the region.
Cover image sourced via Unsplash.