The proposal is a high quality and responsive design, consisting of 63 seniors housing independent living units, a new club, retail tenancies and 136 basement level car parking spaces.
The Woy Woy Sporties Club has continuously traded at a loss for the past 14 years and the proposal is a significant opportunity to upgrade and invest in the long term financial viability of the site by providing a mixed-use development in accordance with the needs of the surrounding population. The development will stimulate the local economy, provide additional housing for seniors and ongoing employment opportunities during and after construction. The architectural form and design of the proposed development is well-articulated and consistent with recent in-fill development in Woy Woy.
The proposal represents rational, orderly, economic and sustainable use of the land and should be supported for the following reasons:
- The redevelopment will enable Woy Woy Sporties to continue to operate from the site and ensure the clubs long term financial viability;
- The proposal includes varying setbacks, generous separation and integrated landscaped areas to reduce the appearance of bulk and scale and preserve levels of privacy, sunlight and visual amenity;
- The proposal will provide additional housing choice in the form of 2 bedroom, 3 bedroom, sub penthouse and penthouse units;
- The proposed Woy Woy Sporties will be orientated to the north east with views towards Brisbane Water and the Lions Park;
- The proposal achieves appropriate separation between the club, retail tenancies and residential units, with well-defined primary access points for each area;
- The proposed development will not detract from the natural environment for recreational purposes and is consistent with the desired future character of the area; and
- The proposed basement level car park will minimise physical and visual dominance from the streetscape.
The Woy Woy Sporties proposal is still in the approval process with a response to be expected soon.
Can Barker Ryan Stewart help you with your development needs?
Contact us today through our contact page and let us know about your project to find out what services we can provide for you.
Image – Artist Impression of Woy Woy Sporties Redevelopment – ADG Architects