According to the NSW Government, the approval of the $2.6 billion Mamre Road Precinct will further secure Western Sydney’s future as a global hub for logistics and advanced manufacturing.
The Mamre Road Precinct was one of the 24 projects included in Tranche 2 of the NSW Government’s Planning System Acceleration Program which seeks to fast-track planning processes during the COVID-19 crisis.
What will the Mamre Road Precinct include?
The Precinct will provide significant opportunities for international and domestic businesses to invest in Western Sydney, allowing major warehousing, logistics, manufacturing, and circular economy operations to be established.
The rezoning of the 850-hectare site, which is one of 12 key precincts in the Western Sydney Aerotropolis, is set to create new industrial land, public spaces and conservation areas.
The development of the Precinct will ensure that:
- The surrounding rural residential areas are protected from industrial activities with controls on development
- The built and natural heritage are protected with the preservation of approx. 95 hectares of environmentally sensitive land (including Cumberland Plain Woodland)
- More than 50 hectares of open space, recreation areas, cycle and walking paths (including alongside South Creek) is provided
- Critical transport corridors are preserved and potential opportunities for an intermodal terminal are explored
The Precinct is located within the Western Sydney Employment Area and is expected to provide up to 5,200 jobs during construction and 17,000 ongoing jobs upon completion of the development.
The first industrial estates for the Precinct are expected to be occupied from mid-2021.
Barker Ryan Stewart is looking forward to the opportunities the Mamre Road Precinct will present for the Western Sydney area, a region we have proudly serviced for over 10 years.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we can assist you please don’t hesitate to contact your local Barker Ryan Stewart office, or email email@example.com.
- Sydney – 02 9659 0005
- Central Coast – 02 4325 5255
- Hunter – 02 4966 8388
- South East Queensland – 07 5582 6555
Pictured below: an artists impression of the Mamre Road Precinct (image sourced from Mirvac)