- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) Second Class Hons.
- Registered Certifier under NSW Building Professionals Act with Accreditation in the Subdivision, Road and Drainage, Stormwater, Hydraulic (Stormwater) and Strata categories
- Chartered Professional Engineer
- Corporate Membership – Engineers Australia
- Registration on the National Engineers Register
- Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland
With a background in a broad range of property development, civil engineering and private certification, Garry is responsible for the strategic business planning of Barker Ryan Stewart, which he founded with Glenn and Ian in 2009.
Garry has over 30 years’ experience in the design, investigation, construction supervision and project management of civil engineering works associated with residential, commercial and industrial developments as well as construction supervision and contract administration for a variety of civil infrastructure projects.
As a Registered Certifier, Garry has issued numerous Subdivision Certificates, Subdivision Works Certificates, Compliance Certificates, Strata Certificates and Complying Development Certificates for a range of residential, commercial and industrial developments. He has also been engaged as Project Verifier for the construction of a wide variety of intersections associated with development sites on TfNSW roads.
Garry has also built solid working relationships with numerous Council and State Government department officers.
Garry has lived and raised his family in the Hawkesbury over the past 25 years. He has a lifelong enjoyment of swimming and water-based sports and thoroughly enjoys getting outdoors in his free time, whether that be bushwalking, going to the beach or simply working in the yard at home.