Barker Ryan Stewart provided planning services to obtain approval for the conversion of an existing boat building facility into a Waste and Resource Recovery facility in Redhead, City of Lake Macquarie. Our client, Soft Landing Mattress Recycling, collects and recycles mattresses to reduce landfill and create jobs in NSW, VIC, WA, and the ACT.
Soft Landing is a Social Enterprise, which means that it exists to create a fairer and more sustainable world. Social Enterprises must:
- Have a defined primary social, cultural, or environmental purpose consistent with a public or community benefit, and
- Derive a substantial portion of their income from trade, and
- Invest efforts and resources into their purpose such that public/community benefit outweighs private benefit.
Barker Ryan Stewart’s scope of services included:
- Reviewing the Site Plan and preparing swept turning paths
- Preparation of a Statement of Environmental Effects
- Preparation of a Waste Management Plan
- Lodging and monitoring DA documentation
Our ethos of sustainability and resilience is no better represented than through the projects we undertake to best shape our communities. Click here to read our sustainability commitment statement.
Cover image: By Holdenman05 – Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=43052255