Barker Ryan Stewart provided town planning, surveying, civil engineering, traffic engineering and DA project coordination services to assist with obtaining development approval for the Port Stephens Homemaker Centre.
This exciting homemaker centre features seven retail offerings including a large Harvey Norman store, Autobarn, PETstock, Spotlight, Sydney Tools, Weber Store and an on-site café. The development also includes a 19-lot industrial subdivision, internal roads, over 300 parking spaces, and a newly constructed roundabout at Port Stephens Drive.
The Port Stephens Homemaker Centre site encompasses an area of just over 10 hectares, including a large area of conservation land that will be rehabilitated and protected over the long term.
The large-scale commercial precinct continues to provide great economic and social benefits for the local community by creating new jobs and retail opportunities in the industrial area of Taylors Beach.
Working closely alongside the project team, Barker Ryan Stewart is pleased to have been successful in obtaining development approval from Port Stephens Council for the large-scale commercial development.
The full scope of services provided includes:
- Town planning advice
- Statement of Environmental Effects
- Traffic and Parking Impact Assessment Report
- Stormwater Management Plan (incl. OSD and WSUD)
- Soil and Water Management Plan
- Bulk earthworks concept design
- Concept subdivision road and drainage design
- DA Plans for subdivision
- Waste Management Plan
- CPTED Report
- Compiling and monitoring the DA
- Concept roundabout design at Port Stephens Drive
- Project coordination
- Hunter Water certification