Barker Ryan Stewart was engaged by Deicorp for the provision of traffic engineering and transport planning services to assist with obtaining development consent for the mixed-use Pemulwuy Project.
Located in the heart of Redfern, the $70m Pemulwuy Project is the redevelopment of the land formerly known as “The Block” owned by the Aboriginal Housing Company (AHC).
The development features the Col James Student Accommodation which houses up to 596 students, and includes communal student amenities and open space with an internal courtyard and rooftop terrace. It also consists of 62 affordable housing units for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, commercial and retail space, a childcare centre, a gallery and a gymnasium.
The full scope of services provided include:
- Traffic and Parking Impact Assessment Report
- Pedestrian footway capacity study
- Construction Traffic Management Plan
- Car park and access design compliance
- Construction Pedestrian and Traffic Management Plan
- Swept Path Analysis Plan
- Traffic counts and SIDRA modelling
- Crime Prevention through Environmental Design Report
- Green Travel Plan
- Construction Management plan
- Waste Management Plan
- Plan of Management – Car Park
- Community consultation