Barker Ryan Stewart has been engaged by Dungog Shire Council for the provision of civil engineering design services required for the proposed road upgrade of Limeburners Creek Road / East Seaham Road in Clarence Town.
The proposed road reconstruction will include a 2km section of road located west from the Clarence Town Bridge, and approximately 1.8km of road location south from Limeburners Creek Road. The purpose of the project is to reconstruct and upgrade the existing road pavement, drainage, and road safety along these roads.
Dungog Shire Council has prioritised the proposed upgrade work given its prominent location and the high volume of traffic utilising this road.
Whilst the project is still in early stages, the design issued by Barker Ryan Stewart will include:
- Road widening to 3.5m lane widths and 0.5m shoulder for the project extents
- Intersection treatments at adjoining roads
- 200mm granular pavement overlay for the project extents
- Re-profiling road longitudinal grades and cross falls
- Drainage upgrades where required
- Hazard analysis and safety barrier design
- Line marking and signage
- Utility clash identification and adjustment
The full scope of services includes:
- Review documentation, project inception meeting and site inspection
- Concept design drawings
- Attendance at project meetings, review of concept design and draft design report
- Preparation of detailed design drawings
- Finalisation of detailed engineering design drawings and bill of quantities.