Barker Ryan Stewart was engaged for the provision of town planning, surveying, civil engineering, traffic engineering and DA project coordination services to assist with obtaining development consent for the proposed Harvey Norman store in Taylors Beach.
The proposed $25.8 million commercial development includes a Harvey Norman store, associated specialised retail premises, food and drink premises, a service station, a 22-lot industrial subdivision, internal roads and car parking.
The site will encompass an area of just over 10 hectares, including a large area of conservation land that will be rehabilitated and protected over the long term.
The large-scale commercial precinct will provide great economic and social benefits for the local area by creating new jobs and retail opportunities in the industrial area of Taylors Beach.
Working closely with the project team, Barker Ryan Stewart is pleased to have been successful in obtaining development consent from Port Stephens Council for the large-scale commercial development.
The full scope of services provided includes:
- Town planning advice
- Statement of Environmental Effects
- Traffic and Parking Impact Assessment Report
- Stormwater Management Plan (incl. OSD and WSUD)
- Soil and Water Management Plan
- Bulk Earthworks Concept Design
- Concept Subdivision Road and Drainage Design
- DA Plans for subdivision
- Waste Management Plan
- CPTED Report
- Compiling and monitoring the DA
- Concept roundabout design
- Project coordination
- Hunter Water certification