Barker Ryan Stewart has been engaged by Wagga Wagga City Council for the provision of surveying, detailed design and town planning services associated with the rehabilitation of Dunns Road.
Once an unsealed goat track servicing local farmland, Dunns Road has become a popular short cut for people heading to southern Wagga Wagga as the surrounding area has been developed.
The existing 2.8km sealed sections of the road are narrow, and both the edge line and double dividing line have faded with limited sight distance over the crests. Approximately 2.2km of the road is currently unsealed and comprises of loose gravel surface with creek crossings protected by steel guard fence barriers.
The $8.3m project will include the rehabilitation, resealing and improvement of the full 5km length of Dunns Road. It is expected that traffic volumes are likely to increase to 1000 vehicles per day upon completion of the upgrade.
The design issued by Barker Ryan Stewart will include the details of the reconstruction and upgrade of the full length of Dunns Road including a new intersection with the Olympic Highway and new roundabout at the intersection of Holbrook Road.
The upgrade of Dunns Road will help provide a safe and more direct route to the southern portion of the Wagga Wagga residential area, to the airport, and to major local sporting and recreational facilities from the Olympic Highway.
The full scope of services includes:
- Provision of a site survey
- Preparation of the detailed design
- Provision of street lighting and electrical design
- Hazard analysis and safety barrier design
- Drainage analysis and modelling for upgrades
- Preparation of construction estimates
- Provision of Final Documents
- Provision of a Review of Environmental Factors
- Provision of a Social and Environmental Monitoring and Management Plan
- Management of various sub-consultants