Barker Ryan Stewart was engaged by QIC for the provision of TfNSW project verification services associated with the $180 million Castle Towers expansion project.
Located in north-west Sydney and already attracting more than 18 million visitors a year, Castle Towers is set to transform into one of Australia’s leading retail, entertainment and leisure centres.
The expansion will include new stores to join the existing retailers, a new food court and marketplace, and new communal spaces. It will also provide a direct pedestrian link to the Castle Hill transport interchange, which includes the new Castle Hill metro station.
Barker Ryan Stewart will act as the TfNSW Project Verifier for the Pennant Street realignment and road underpass, as well as Showground Road Intersection upgrade works to cater for the Castle Towers upgrade.
The scope of services form part of the TfNSW Major WAD agreement and includes:
- Review of the Civil Design and provision of the Design Documents Certificate.
- Review of the contractors QA and Project Documentation for the provision of the Project Plan Certificate.
- Ongoing site inspections and Construction works verification.
- Provision of Monthly Report and regular Construction Updates to the TfNSW.
- Review of all the compliance and QA documentation for the provision of the Construction Completion Certificate.
- Inspection of the site following the end of the Defects Liability Period for the provision of the Final Verification Certificate.