Barker Ryan Stewart has been providing town planning services to assist ALDI with obtaining DA approvals for over ten years at multiple locations across NSW.
Over this period, we have worked on over 30 ALDI Stores and Distribution Centres and are proud to have had a 100% success rate with obtaining development approvals for each project.
Barker Ryan Stewart’s Director, Ian Stewart, has worked with ALDI continuously over the past ten years and said, “ALDI are a great client to work with. They approach each project with a professional ‘can do’ attitude and work collaboratively with the project team, Councils and private stakeholders to provide a high-quality retail offering.”
“One of the best things about working with ALDI is seeing the quick delivery of quality developments in short timeframes and the positive social and economic benefits the expansion of the ALDI Store network brings to the general community.
“Not only does each development generate hundreds of jobs for local tradespeople and suppliers, but also ongoing employment to countless staff working in the stores and the distribution centres.”
Initially most of this work was associated with the development of new ALDI stores, but our team has now begun to assist ALDI with the expansion of existing stores to meet growing consumer demand.
These larger retail offerings allow ALDI to provide its customers with a more contemporary and spacious shopping experience, including interior design, lighting, and layout improvements designed to assist with store navigation, improved product display and reduced register wait times.
Some of the recent ALDI projects we have obtained approval for in the past 12 months include:
- ALDI Port Macquarie –extension of the existing store and car park expansion to allow a larger retail offering.
- ALDI Salamander Bay– modifications to the approved store plan and changes to the operating hour
- ALDI GreenHills / East Maitland – knockdown-re-build for a higher quality retail offering.
- ALDI Toukley – extension of store including closure of an unused public pathway and improved façade treatment to dual road frontage.
- ALDI Blue Haven– expansion of existing store and specialty shop complex including reconfigured car park and coordination of biodiversity assessment report.
Barker Ryan Stewart provides upfront planning and traffic advice to help navigate complex planning and property issues as well as handle negotiations with local Councils to progress DA determinations in a timely manner.