Registered Surveyor / Surveyor
We currently have a Registered Surveyor (or a Graduate Surveyor working towards registration through BOSSI) position available in either our Sydney, Central Coast, Hunter or South East Queensland offices.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com.
- Assist with the development and growth of the survey team.
- Provision of survey services as a Registered Surveyor / Surveyor both in the office and on-site, including regional areas.
- Potential for Survey Manager role for the right person.
- Providing surveying services which are fit for purpose, practical, cost-effective, comply with relevant surveying and regulatory standards, and comply with WHS and Quality Control requirements.
- Undertake and assist in the preparation of quotations and tenders.
- Manage, supervise, train and develop staff reporting to this position.
- Extensive experience in land development, subdivisions, strata, construction – both building and civil, identification and detail surveys.
- Experience in supervising projects.
- Experience in mentoring and developing junior staff.
- Proficient in the use of 12d and AutoCAD software and relevant survey equipment and software such as Trimble and Trimble Business Centre.
- Experience in Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) surveying is advantageous.
- Experience in Laser Scanning with collating and processing data is advantageous.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, with clients and staff.
- Develop and improve templates and internal survey processes and practices.
We currently have a Traffic Engineer position available in the Sydney (Norwest) office providing traffic engineering services across all of our four offices.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The preparation of Traffic and Car Parking Impact Assessment Reports, Car Park design compliance assessments, Construction Traffic Management Plans and Green Travel Plans.
- Attend and participate in client, Council and RMS meetings.
- Undertake SIDRA modelling.
- Undertake swept path analysis.
- Co-ordination of traffic counts.
- Undertake Road Safety Audits
- Assist in the preparation of quotations and tenders.
- Undertake engineering services on projects, both in the office and onsite.
- Proactively plan, manage, coordinate, track and run assigned projects.
- Provide regular project reviews and reporting to the Traffic and Transport Manager as required.
- Assign and collaborate with technical staff assigned to work on a project.
- Provide technical advice to management, staff and clients.
- Undertake site inspections.
- University Engineering Degree or equivalent, recognised by Engineers Australia.
- Minimum 5 years’ previous traffic engineering experience within an engineering consultancy or Local Government.
- Possess a strong client focus
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Understanding of intersection modelling software SIDRA or similar
- Understanding of AS/NZS 2890.1, AS 2890.2 and AS/NZS 2890.6
- In attending and participating in client, Council and RMS meetings.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to Barker Ryan Stewart’s core values.
- A current driver’s license.