BRS will be rolling out a pilot program to three lucky schools across NSW during the third school term. The Reduce School Traffic program, or Walk Ride Share, aims to reduce traffic congestion around schools, by encouraging students to walk, cycle, carpool or catch public transport to and from school over a 2-week period. It’s ambitious, but if we encourage every school in Australia to join in, we can significantly reduce traffic congestion on our roads at peak times. Some of the great benefits include:
- Reducing traffic congestion on our roads and around school zones;
- Creating faster commutes to and from workplaces for the local community;
- Encouraging walking or cycling to be the transport mode of choice for short trips;
- Encouraging children and families to include regular exercise into their daily routine;
- Promoting road safety awareness;
- Environmental benefits through reducing air-polluting emissions.
Stay tuned to our website, social media and upcoming newsletters for updates on the program.