Barker Ryan Stewart was engaged by Orange City Council for the provision of civil engineering design, surveying, and town planning services required for the construction of a new roundabout at the intersection of The Escort Way, Northern Distributor Road and Ploughmans Lane.
The proposed infrastructure upgrade will include the realignment of Ploughmans Lane to meet the intersection of Northern Distributor Road and Escort Way, allowing for the construction of a four-leg roundabout. In future, Ploughmans Lane will link the Southern Feeder Road to the Northern Distributor Road, completing the orbital loop around Orange.
Barker Ryan Stewart conducted a detailed survey for the full road corridor width at the intersection for the proposed roundabout, including scanning for underground utilities. The project is still in early stages with preliminary designs and concepts currently complete.
The design will also assist in providing safer roads for the local community, as well as ensuring that the infrastructure continues to be a valuable and viable asset to Orange City Council.
The full scope of services includes:
- Detail survey / Survey Impact Plan
- Concept and detailed design
- Construction documentation
- Review of Environmental Effects
- Management of subconsultants
- Physical underground utility locations (potholing)
- Street lighting and electrical design
- Liaison with RMS for approval through the Works Authorisation Deed (WAD) process
- Road safety audit