There has been unprecedented lodgement of Development Application’s with Gosford City Council in response to the Councils bonus incentives of 30% additional height and 30% additional Floor Space Ratio for Development Application’s lodged prior to 2 April 2016.
The influx of development proposals in the Gosford city centre has resulted in Barker Ryan Stewart providing assistance for over 2,000 residential apartments over the past 12 months. The combined value of these projects is more than $500 million. Our involvement has varied on each job from acting as the lead consultant through to providing one-off reports in support of proposals. This has included town planning, traffic engineering, project management, civil engineering, crime prevention, heritage and waste management services.
Some of the Gosford projects we have been involved with are listed below:
- Ormond St 5 – 13 : The proposed development will involve the provision of 87 apartments across 2 buildings.
- Lumiere (Albany 142): 47 three (3) bedroom units over seven (7) levels, 80 car spaces, including six (6) stacked spaces split over two (2) levels
- Ormond St 15 – 21: The proposed residential flat building includes 64 units, with a mix of one, two and three bedrooms
- The Albany (York St 11): Residential Flat Building (54 Units)
- Beane St West 7-9: Residential flat building contains 36 units and 4 studio apartments
- Bent St 7 – 11: 161 residential units & 20 serviced apartments
- Faunce Street 75-77: the construction of shop top housing development; including thirty-nine (39) residential units and approximately 88m² of commercial space over two-storeys
- Hills St 73: The residential component includes 53 residential units
- Holden 46-48: The residential component includes 44 residential units;
- Mann 340: shop top housing development including 23 residential units and a ground floor commercial / retail tenancy
- Mann 321-325: mixed use development will include two levels of commercial development on the lower floors, with 20 levels of residential development above
- Mann 155-161: 71 units varying between 1 and 3 bedrooms in size, along with a pub/tavern space situated at ground level
- Mann 21-23: 140 residential apartments with basement parking below
- Corner of Mann Street and Dwyer Street (Gosford Gateway): Six residential towers including; 34 x 1 bedroom apartments, 292 x 2 bedroom apartments, 12 x 3 bedroom apartments and 5 x studio town houses
- Frederick 46: two residential flat buildings, including 27 units, over five (5) levels with a basement car parking area
- Hills St 19-21: mixed use commercial and housing development which will involve the construction of 36 residential units and a ground floor commercial area. The proposed units are a mixed of 1 bedroom, 2 bedrooms and 3 bedrooms over two adjoining sites at 19 and 21 Hills Street, Gosford.
- Kendall Street 10-16: 8 storey residential flat building with 72 units and 3 levels of basement / semi-basement car parking.
- Waterside 50-70 Mann St: 80 room hotel, 500 residential apartments, tavern, restaurant, supermarket, cinema and retail space
- Mariners Plaza: 134 room hotel, 276 residential apartments, hotel bar and restaurant, supermarket and retail space
Barker Ryan Stewart’s Gosford city centre team has enjoyed being involved with such exciting projects and we are looking forward to seeing the Gosford area grow with these innovative developments which will bring new life and opportunities to the town.
What do you think about the new developments in the Gosford area?
Barker Ryan Stewart values any feedback you have on what is happening in your area. If you would like to share your thoughts or have an enquiries please send us a comment in the field below or if you would like to know more about the Gosford city centre or have a project you would like to share with us you can connect with us through our contact page.